Search This Blog

Tuesday 24 July 2012

VIDEOS: Roméo & Juliette

I have been thinking for a while about whether I should post link to videos of full shows or not.
On one side, I know it would be helpful to all those who want to learn more about Zuka but don't have much money to invest in it (besides, I would be a hypocrite if I said I don't watch shows in streaming).
On the other side, I know it is not fair towards the actresses and the industry.

If I had never had the chance of watching shows online, I would never have known much about Takarazuka. The DVDs are way too expensive to buy them on a whim, without being sure that you'll actually like the show. Besides, I think that most people (such as myself) don't have enough money to buy all the shows they wish to watch.

So, I have decided to publish the links to the shows.

I want to believe that all those who are interested in Zuka want the industry to prosper and wish to be fair to the Takarasiennes and all other people who work towards the success of the shows.
Therefore, please let me give you just one little piece of advice: even if you watch the shows online, please try to support our beloved 'siennes as best as you can. Set yourself a budget, watch the shows you are interested in and then pick your favourites. Please buy the DVDs at least for those.

Since it's the first show I have written about in this blog, I think that it would be a good option to start with the links to the videos of the Roméo & Juliette shows.

Star troupe version:
part 3
part 5
part 6
part 7
part 8


 
 Snow troupe version:
part 1
part 2
part 3
part 4

 (On a side note, I am looking forward to this year's Moon troupe version as well!)



Please note that the videos are not uploaded by myself, so if a link stops working I cannot upload it again or fix it myself.
However, please let me know if a link does not work and I shall try to find another one - if possible.

Have a great time :)


8 comments:

  1. Thank you! I appreciate your thoughtfulness very much. I am Brazilian, and in my country it is especially difficult to acquire Takarazuka goods if you don't have any direct ties with Japan. Not only you can't find these things anywhere, it is also very hard to find a company that agrees to import these products, and if you do, the import fees are unbelievable.

    I always tried to explain this to foreigners, but the fan clubs were always deaf to my appeals, so I eventually grew tired of trying to get some help.

    I'm very happy that you did this post. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are very welcome :D
      Thank you for letting me know your thoughts, now I'm sure I did the right thing ;)
      I will keep on posting more links, so please come back any time!

      Delete
  2. i'm just starting to like takarazuka.. and i really know nothing haha

    thanks for these links :)))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem! I'm really glad if I can be of any help!

      Delete
  3. Hi, I really wanted to thank you for this post ^^ I really love Takarazuka and I really wanted to watch this show as the original play is from my country, but I couldn't get a hold on them (it is really hard to get takarazuka goods in here and it's also really rare and costly...) So thank you very much :) I also wondered if you knew where to find the 2013 version ? and the show The Sun King (i'm also dying to see this one as it is also an adaptation from a musical in my country, seeing how great of a job takarazuka did with romeo & juliette, I can't help but look forward to the Sun King as well)
    p.s.: sorry for english mistakes, as you probably got it, I'm not a native speaker

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh god, thank you so, so much!!! A really, big, georgeus hugh from Argentina!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The links have stopped working. Hope you add some new ones! Thank you for the post!

    ReplyDelete